Viviendas con fines turísticos en Andalucia | Holiday rentals in Andalucia
home,page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-15698,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,qode-theme-ver-13.3,qode-theme-bridge,disabled_footer_top,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.5,vc_responsive

What is Vacational Rental?

We consider properties with touristic purposes all those which are located in residential areas which offer by means of a price the service of accommodation on a regular basis for short term periods ( less than 2 months) and for touristic purposes.


The properties can be:


Complete property. The whole property is rented out with its maximum capacity which can never be more than 15 places


Properties per room. The owner should be residing in the property and cannot offer more than 6 places

Legality in Andalucía

The law applicable regarding this matter in Andalusia is:Decreto 29/2016, of the 2 February, of the properties with touristic purposes and modifying the Decreto194/2010 of the 20 April, od establishments of touristic apartments.


If you wish to rent a property in Andalusia you need to comply with the requirements of this Law and we can help and accompany you in the whole process.


If you have a property in any other part of Spain, we can offer you legal aid, as we have 35 different offices in different parts of the country.

What does the Law say in Andalucia?

As of May 2016, all properties within Andalusia that are promoted for rental purposes within the standard Tourism channels under the banner of “ holiday apartments”, need to be registered in a registry created for this purpose and meet a number of requirements for quality and safety, under penalty of fines of up to 18,000 € per property for non-compliance.


So if your intention is to rent your property for periods of less than two months and plan to offer these rentals through the ordinary tourism channels (estate agencies, travel agencies, intermediary companies management and maintenance or other platforms) you must register the property with the Ministry of Tourism of the Junta de Andalucía and meet their pre-established requirements in order to avoid heavy penalties that one could obtain

Requirements for your Vacational Rental

According to the andalucian Law(Decreto 8/2016), which regulates the holiday apartments in Andalucía, request you or your agency to must meet the following requirement. The breach of the law imply in fine:


1. Ventilation and darkening system.

2. Furniture and item necessary to used them immediately.

3. Refrigeration since May to September and heater since October to April.

4. First-aid kit.

5. Touristic information from the area.

6. Bed ships and one change more.

7. Instruction about the electrical items.

8. Inform to the guests about the rules.

9. First Occupancy License.

10. The owner´s telephone number


Documentation you will need for your Vacational Rental.

We offer a comprehensive service for this registration which consists of:


* Advice to determine if your home meets the pre-established requirements for this type of activity.


* Collection of relevant documentation relating to your home to start the registration process:

– Request copy of the License of First Occupation to the relevant City Council.

– Request the title deed to the Land Registry.

– Apply to Land Registry the descriptive certificate to accredit the cadastral reference of your home


* Preparation of the statement of compliance and its presentation to the appropriate delegation.


* Drafting of the document with the basic information required in the area where the dwelling is located.


* Preparation of a written and photographic inventory of your home.


* Determine, in accordance with the above, if you need to invest in updating the property to meet the requirements.

Documents needed for registration of Vacational Rental.

From Caracuel Abogados, we offer you the following documents:


1. Add you to the Registro de entrada de viajeros in the Police office, where you or your agency have to send the identify information of the guests over 16 years old.


2. The complaining and request sheet, that you should have available for the guest.


3. Contact list with the relevant telephone number.


4. The paper sheet that you need to fill in and create a register book for the last three years.

Tax Obligations

The rental of touristic properties is on occasions subject to Value Added Tax, considering the lessee of the touristic property a business man or professional.


There are three different cases:


* When one only leases out an apartment, you don´t have to include VAT, other than if additional services are presented, in other words, IT´S EXEMPT, according to the article 20.1.23º of the Tax Law regarding Added Value.


* One only has to pay VAT when besides leasing out the property catering services are offered ( such as dry-cleaning of clothes, towels, cleaning service, etc)


* When one leases out by means of an internet platform or a management leasing company, one will have to pay 21% plus another 10% if one adds the catering services.


In the same manner one must declarethe Personal Tax Return as a return from real estate capital. One must declare the not only the periods when the property is rented out but also when the property is free or at the disposal of the owners.


In the case that this activity is carried out as a professional or economic activity, the profits will be classified as returns on economic activities.

We can provide you contact with real estate agencies dedicated to the management of tourist apartments.


  • THE GOVERMENT ANTICIPATES LEGILATIVE MODIFICATIONS FOR TURISTIC RENTALS Due to a rapid increase in touristic rentals and complaints received from the hotel industry, citizens and Community of Owners,

  • The tourism is one of the primary economical sources in Spain. For that reason the relevance of touristic rentals and proof of it is the increase of touristic rentals in our country. It is not a tempo


Apendix – Legality in other communities in Spain

If you have a property in any other part of Spain, we can offer you legal aid as we have 35 offices in different parts of the country.

En Aragón

La norma que regula el arrendamiento turístico en esta Comunidad Autónoma es el Decreto legislativo 1/2003, de 2 de abril, por el que se aprueba el Texto Refundido de la Ley del Turismo de Aragón y el Decreto 80/2015, de 5 mayo, por el que aprueba el Reglamento de las viviendas de uso turístico en Aragón.

En Asturias

La ley 7/2001, de 22 de junio, de Turismo y el Decreto 48/2016, de 10 de agosto, de viviendas vacacionales y viviendas de uso turístico.

En las Islas Baleares

Esta actividad está regulada por la Ley 8/2012, del 19 de julio, que fue modificada por la Ley 6/2017 del 31 de julio relativa a la comercialización de estancias turísticas en viviendas y por el Decreto Ley 3/2017 del 4 de agosto.


Por otro lado, en la isla de Formentera, debido a sus particularidades, se aplica también el Reglamento 1/2015 por el que se regula la comercialización de estancias turísticas en viviendas y el Plan de Calidad para viviendas objeto de comercialización turística.

En las Islas Canarias

Hay que tener en cuenta las siguientes normas: la Ley 7/1995 del 6 de abril, de Ordenación del Turismo y el Decreto 113/2015 del 22 de mayo por el que se aprueba el Reglamento de las viviendas vacacionales en la Comunidad.

En Cantabria

La Ley 5/1999, de 24 de marzo y, además, existe un borrador sobre esta materia pendiente de aprobación.

En Castilla la Mancha

No hay ninguna normativa, existe un proyecto de Decreto

En Castilla y León

Encontramos dos normativas diferentes, por un lado el Decreto 17/2015 del 26 de febrero, por el cual se regulan los bloques o edificios utilizados para el arrendamiento turístico y, por otro lado, el Decreto 3/2017 del 16 de febrero, aquellas viviendas de particulares, máximo una vivienda por persona y la Ley 14/2010, de 9 de diciembre, de Turismo de Castilla y León.

En Cataluña

Las viviendas de uso turístico se encuentran reguladas en el Decreto 159/2012 del 20 de noviembre. Todos aquellos arrendamientos que no se regulen por este Decreto se harán conforme a la Ley de Arrendamientos Urbanos.

En la Comunidad de Madrid

Actualmente la norma que regula la actividad turística en pisos particulares está suscrita al Decreto 79/2014 del 10 de julio.

En la Comunidad Valenciana

Se regula por la ley 3/1998, de 21 de mayo de la Comunidad Valenciana, modificada posteriormente por la Ley 7/2014, de 22 de diciembre. Desarrollada reglamentariamente por el Decreto 91/2009 y 92/2009. Con fecha de 20 de octubre de 2017 se ha aprobado el proyecto de Ley de Turismo, Ocio y Hospitalidad de la Comunidad Valenciana.

En Galicia

El Decreto 12/2017 de 10 de mayo de 2017 para la regulación de las viviendas y apartamentos turísticos en Galicia.

En La Rioja

La normativa en vigor sobre esta materia es Ley 2/2001, de 31 de mayo, de Turismo de La Rioja y el posterior Decreto 10/2017, de 17 de marzo.

En Murcia

Está regulada desde 2005 por el Decreto 75/2005 del 24 de junio y modificada posteriormente por el Decreto 37/2011 del 8 de abril.

En Navarra

Existe en la Comunidad una normativa que diferencia entre Casas Rurales y Apartamentos turísticos, ambas categorías cuentan con su propia regulación independiente e igualmente es necesaria su inscripción en un Registro.

En el País Vasco

Se rige por la Ley 13/2016 de 28 de julio y el Decreto 199/2003, de 2 de septiembre.


Viviendas turísticas en Andalucía







Phone:   +34 952 770 712

    Name *

    Email *

    Message *

    I have read and accept the Privacy Policy

    Accept to receive information and communications of